Audio, Video & Electronics Reviews on G Audio, Video, and Electronics.

Review Remote Starter Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 01:13 AM
eemba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Remote Starter Review

Hey everyone, I have a 2013 G37x sedan, premium, non-nav. I had a remote start installed (Start IT FT-DC2-S coupled with Drone Mobile DR-3400). I had it paired with my OEM key fob.

After shopping around for prices (I got quotes between $500-$750 installed) I settled on a local shop.

The OEM key fob pairing is supposed to start the car after 3 successive lock key presses, but it doesn't always do so. Maybe there's a special cadence I'm supposed to hit that I haven't mastered yet... but it's not too bad.

The Drone Mobile app is great. It's a monthly subscription but you can buy 3 year subscriptions for good discounts. You DO NOT have to buy the subscription to maintain the remote start capabilities with the key fob. The app allows you to ping your car and it tells you the voltage of your battery, if your car is locked, and whether the engine is on. It also allows you to start your car from anywhere you have cell reception. I love it. There is a decent lag between when the you send the signal and when the car starts but it isn't terrible.

Edit: Oh and I completely forgot this part. Since getting the remote install my shifts in sport mode have been undeniably quicker. I was always thinking about doing the grounding kit mod but for some reason, whatever the installers did have essentially achieved the same goal. It was a nice added benefit.

Last edited by eemba; 01-23-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:28 PM
jvs1670

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn that's expensive. Quicker shifts from this? How?