Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Are 2011 & 2012 AV Controller Parts (NAV / Audio / Climate) Interchangeable

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 03:48 PM
SirTJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are 2011 & 2012 AV Controller Parts (NAV / Audio / Climate) Interchangeable

Putting a feeler out in case anyone here has direct knowledge or experience with similar circumstances.

After installing a new battery, my 2011 G37xS had a mostly dead nav, climate control, radio, etc., with just a faint backlighting behind buttons and the screen. After checking the obvious, fuses and similar, it went to the dealership to diagnose, and the conclusion from the tech was that the AV "Controller Assembly" Module shorted or experienced a power surge and would need repair or replacement.

The quoted starting price for repair was $1,000, and a new unit runs $4k-plus.

My question -- the part numbers evolved over 2010-2012, all starting with 25915. If I put a late-2011/early 2012 part number unit in my early 2011 build, is that likely to cause any issues?

Related Q: the dealer tech said that it will require programming to mesh the unit with my car. Is that accurate, or is it pretty close to plug and play?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by SirTJ; 01-06-2017 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Itchy trigger finger posted before complete...