Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Convertible top problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 01:41 AM
Godlos

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Convertible top problem

I have a 2009 infiniti g37s that has been giving me issues with the top. The top usually goes down fine but after a while of driving or sometimes a couple of minutes into driving the "roof in operation" light and beep come on. Sometimes it's constant and sometimes it goes on and off. After that the top does not go back up. I usually take it to the dealer and they reset it. This gets it back to normal for a couple of days. I have noticed that if I don't take it to the dealer sometimes the top stays down with the same roof in operation light on for up to a couple of weeks before I can bring it back up. Right now the top is closed, but I am still getting the "roof in operation" light and noise still. It has been over a month. The top will not move up or down and the noise is driving me crazy. I did notice if I open the trunk I can drive the car without the warning annoying me. Any ideas what this may be?? I thought it might be an electrival issue since it sometimes cuts in and out due to bumps in the road. The dealer said that the hydraulic system is going out, but I have never seen the top have issues going up or down. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.