Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

iPhone connectivity issues

Old 11-20-2016, 11:56 AM
brian1194

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone connectivity issues

Anybody have an issue when incoming calling and you click answer, neither you or the caller hear each other ? I have to physically go on iphone and click speaker then back to car bluetooth and only then it works.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:08 AM
Rothy11

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes!!! For the last 2+ weeks. It's driving me crazy. I haven't done anything about it though.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:57 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by brian1194
Anybody have an issue when incoming calling and you click answer, neither you or the caller hear each other ? I have to physically go on iphone and click speaker then back to car bluetooth and only then it works.
Yes it's really pissing me off. I actually have to hang up and call them back because I choose the phone setting or speaker and still can't hear! Ughh it's a pain
Old 11-30-2016, 12:33 PM
ersatz

I'm having the same issue since the newest iPhone updates. I've read that there is an update that can be applied by the dealer that will fix this.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
Old 11-30-2016, 12:57 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

I think everyone is having issues with bluetooth if you have an iphone 7 or 7+. Im experiencing the same issues as OP along with audio issues. Basically had to go back to my nexus 6p till this gets resolved
Old 12-05-2016, 02:01 AM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
This is extremely getting irritated to me as well as I get incoming calls and can't even answer the phone and even when I switch It to speaker or phone it still can't seem to answer while it's connected through Bluetooth . I would like to know if there is an update through infiniti that will fix this because it's ridiculous and it should be free idk this system wasn't ever made right it lacks on connecting to the phone
Old 12-05-2016, 09:01 AM
infamous84
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ricio1991
This is extremely getting irritated to me as well as I get incoming calls and can't even answer the phone and even when I switch It to speaker or phone it still can't seem to answer while it's connected through Bluetooth . I would like to know if there is an update through infiniti that will fix this because it's ridiculous and it should be free idk this system wasn't ever made right it lacks on connecting to the phone
if you have a iphone 7, i dont think this is a infiniti issue lots of people with newer cars besides infiniti are having the same issue

There was a 25+ page thread on the apple forums about the bluetooth issue and Apple just deleted that whole thread out of nowhere no reason as to why.

I tried the 10.2 beta 5 on my 7+, bluetooth still does not function correctly
Old 12-05-2016, 06:17 PM
ersatz

Just to add info to this. My phone is a 6s and it's still having the same issues. There was another thread that had a link to the specific update that is supposed to fix this issue. No one in that thread confirmed the update worked or even that they were able to get it installed.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:15 PM
maGorheadrush

I just got this update from the dealership. It's seems to be working well now. Not so happy about the $120 price tag though..
Old 12-21-2016, 04:21 PM
infamous84
Registered Member

Originally Posted by maGorheadrush
I just got this update from the dealership. It's seems to be working well now. Not so happy about the $120 price tag though..
what update? what year is your car? can you be more specific as to what the update did

thanks
Old 12-22-2016, 05:40 PM
geethirtysevenx

Originally Posted by maGorheadrush
Hi,
If it is a TSB why were you charged? Do you have the exact TSB info?
My employer just forced us to get an Apple phones, I am having these same issues with my '12 G37X coupe and Apple 6S.

Thanks,

Paul
Old 02-11-2017, 06:29 PM
GeezG37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had the same problem. I took the car back to the dealer and explained the problem. They fixed the problem free of charge. Not sure what they did.
The following users liked this post:
mdigiorgio35 (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 03:54 PM
maGorheadrush

Originally Posted by geethirtysevenx
Hi,
If it is a TSB why were you charged? Do you have the exact TSB info?
My employer just forced us to get an Apple phones, I am having these same issues with my '12 G37X coupe and Apple 6S.

Thanks,

Paul
Sorry for the late response. After getting the software update my Bluetooth started having all of the same problems again. I even tried completely resetting my phone which is why I'm just now redownloading this app and seeing your response. So now I erased everything on my phone, paid $120, and I'm still having all the issues.

I called the dealership today hoping to bring it in for them to mess with it, but they indicated that other than the software update there's nothing else that can be done. It's simply incompatibility between the Bluetooth systems.

Has anyone successfully solved this issue? Really irritating that a car that is still relatively young and under warranty can't have this problem resolved!
Old 03-21-2017, 07:18 PM
Rothy11

Just got off the phone with the dealership

so... the guy at the dealership said that with apple's new software it is totally incompatible with my 2012 g37 Bluetooth system. There is nothing that they are able to do short of the 2-3k dollar Bluetooth swap out that they could do. This sucks . What are you guys gunna do? He said that there is some sort of antenna that I could by for a few hundred dollars.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:01 PM
All G'd Up
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I just bought a G37 IPL yesterday and connected my iPhone 5s to the Bluetooth and when someone calls me they can't hear me but I can hear them. When a friend called me on his iPhone 4s it was fine but with the iPhone 6 and 7 they couldn't hear me. I was wondering if there's a software update for the Bluetooth and nav system too. Is this something only an Infiniti dealer can do? Is there normally a charge for an update? Thanks.

Search this Thread