Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Review Streaming music via Bluetooth solution!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 01:46 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Streaming music via Bluetooth solution!

Hey guys I do not post here much but I am always on here. I have a solution for the Infiniti owners who cannot stream music via Bluetooth.

I have a 2008 G37S Coupe. I purchased the Bovee ViseeO WMA1000. It is a bluetooth device that connects to the factory 30-pin cable (iPod). No cables just plug it in to the OEM iPod cable. It was specifically for a BMW but was told that it may work.

This thing damn near works perfect. As soon as the car is started, for the majority it reconnects every time. Maybe once a week I have had to just unplug it and plug it back in. Sound quality seems great to me but then again I'm no audiophile.

It displays the text of the song on the screen (Spotify and iTunes). Although every so often it will not refresh the song but turning the stereo off and on again solves that problem.

$80 well worth it!
The following users liked this post:
jcbone (11-10-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 01:25 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I think it varies between each vehicle because i bought one for my 2012 G37x and the unit did not power up. I'm making the assumption that the USB port did not provide enough power to the unit to work properly.

There have been other cases where an additional accessory (cablejive) was required for the unit to power up properly. However, I did not try this solution.

I've made my peace that Nissan/Infiniti did not include such seemingly simple feature into there head units. In addition, the head unit itself can be quite buggy with iPhones sometimes.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:39 PM
MrDooley
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wma2000

I purchased the Bovee ViseeO WMA2000 about a week ago.

Despite the 1-star reviews on Amazon, I thought it was worth a shot for such a small price tag. I quickly installed it into my 2011 sedan non-nav (all it has is the USB port, no RCA or 3.5mm input). Synced my Android Note 7 after turning off My Car's connection in Bluetooth Settings (the G37's phone-only bluetooth).

Once connected, it automatically set it to "Media audio." I started Google Play Music, streamed flawlessly through the Infiniti iPod interface. Turned My Car's connection back on and made sure it was set to only "Call audio" to prevent interference.

This setup works perfectly. All my calls come through automatically, and assuming I don't close the music app, when I get back into car the music picks right back up where it left off. This is a better setup than my previous Ford Fusion and starts playing quicker, with only one drawback - Android will not support streaming of the song information on the screen, but steering wheel controls work!

This was a quick and easy solution to get A2DP streaming via bluetooth. Works like a champ!

Last edited by MrDooley; 08-30-2016 at 05:43 PM. Reason: added non-nav
The following 2 users liked this post by MrDooley:
abharwani (09-13-2016), Krzysztof47 (10-27-2022)
Old 08-30-2016, 09:10 PM
abharwani

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Even though I've seen different threads reviewing the same products, some fail to mention the specifics, which is what caused my hesitation on purchasing one for myself. I'll be making the purchase this week

This is the only thing that bugs me about our cars.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:11 PM
MrDooley
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
No kidding! At least there is one solution though...
Old 09-12-2016, 01:38 PM
OBG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have another method, even tho it may possibly be a little bit more money, I stream music very well. I paid about $87 for my integration and works flawless.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:19 PM
WiseguyzzInc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrDooley

Despite the 1-star reviews on Amazon, I thought it was worth a shot for such a small price tag. I quickly installed it into my 2011 sedan non-nav (all it has is the USB port, no RCA or 3.5mm input). Synced my Android Note 7 after turning off My Car's connection in Bluetooth Settings (the G37's phone-only bluetooth).

Once connected, it automatically set it to "Media audio." I started Google Play Music, streamed flawlessly through the Infiniti iPod interface. Turned My Car's connection back on and made sure it was set to only "Call audio" to prevent interference.

This setup works perfectly. All my calls come through automatically, and assuming I don't close the music app, when I get back into car the music picks right back up where it left off. This is a better setup than my previous Ford Fusion and starts playing quicker, with only one drawback - Android will not support streaming of the song information on the screen, but steering wheel controls work!

This was a quick and easy solution to get A2DP streaming via bluetooth. Works like a champ!
Where did you find a WMA2000? I can't find them anywhere. Nothing on Amazon. I'm not really concerned about the price tag, I just want to be certain that it works in my 2012 and not go through the hassle to return it if it doesn't. Someone with a 2010 said it didn't work in their car...
The following users liked this post:
Krzysztof47 (10-27-2022)
Old 09-13-2016, 07:53 PM
ross7778

Originally Posted by MrDooley

Interesting. I tried the WMA2000 on my 2012 non-nav last year and couldn't get the car to recognize it. I wonder if it's been updated since then? Now it's not available on Amazon.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:31 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
Originally Posted by defektion
I think it varies between each vehicle because i bought one for my 2012 G37x and the unit did not power up. I'm making the assumption that the USB port did not provide enough power to the unit to work properly.

There have been other cases where an additional accessory (cablejive) was required for the unit to power up properly. However, I did not try this solution.

I've made my peace that Nissan/Infiniti did not include such seemingly simple feature into there head units. In addition, the head unit itself can be quite buggy with iPhones sometimes.
I use the WMA1000 on my '09 sedan with nav & iPod integration. You need the CableJive accessory to provide power to the WMA1000.

Take a look at this thread, although the vehicle is an EX35 everything is the same (at least for 07-09 sedan; 08-09 coupe). Bluetooth audio streaming for 2008 EX35 working! - Nissan Forum | Nissan Forums
Old 09-13-2016, 09:42 PM
WiseguyzzInc

2009 is a little different. 2012 has a straight USB in the arm rest. 2009 I'm pretty sure used a proprietary Nissan plug to 30 pin. Hence why the WMA1000 works....
Old 09-13-2016, 10:16 PM
abharwani

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by OBG37
I have another method, even tho it may possibly be a little bit more money, I stream music very well. I paid about $87 for my integration and works flawless.
And what is your method? Might help some members out.

Originally Posted by WiseguyzzInc
Where did you find a WMA2000? I can't find them anywhere. Nothing on Amazon. I'm not really concerned about the price tag, I just want to be certain that it works in my 2012 and not go through the hassle to return it if it doesn't. Someone with a 2010 said it didn't work in their car...
Ever since I read this read and asked MrDooley, I've been searching for WMA2000 to purchase for myself. To my luck it was sold out on amazon and all other websites. I kept checking almost everyday and somehow found one (link below) for sale. Didn't hesitate and purchased it and it was the best thing I've gotten for the car. I wish I had known about it earlier because I've been listening to almost the same music for over a year and that got boring quickly. I also have a 2012 without nav and use an android phone.

I just got mine from: https://viseeousa.myshopify.com/

Just keep checking to see if it's back in stock because it's worth the wait!
Old 09-13-2016, 10:53 PM
WiseguyzzInc

He was referring to a GROM box, based on another thread. Not what I was looking for... I need to retain XM. I'll keep checking that link every so often. If you say you just got yours and you say it works on your 2012, I guess it's worth the try. Soon as I get my hands on one that is...
Old 09-14-2016, 12:06 PM
WiseguyzzInc

Originally Posted by ross7778
Interesting. I tried the WMA2000 on my 2012 non-nav last year and couldn't get the car to recognize it. I wonder if it's been updated since then? Now it's not available on Amazon.
Have you tried updating it yourself? or did you send it back?

WMA2000 - DOWNLOAD - ViseeO Worldwide Official Site
Old 09-15-2016, 11:40 PM
ross7778

Originally Posted by WiseguyzzInc
Have you tried updating it yourself? or did you send it back?

WMA2000 - DOWNLOAD - ViseeO Worldwide Official Site
I sent it back.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:55 AM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
FYI guys it is the WMA1000 that I am using NOT WMA2000. I did not have to purchase anything else. It powers on by itself via the factory iPod 30-pin cable.

For the WMA2000 it looks like you might have to contact the company directly to gain some more information.

Quick Reply: Review Streaming music via Bluetooth solution!