Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Review Streaming music via Bluetooth solution!

Old 07-27-2018, 05:43 PM
Rick diesel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Hey guys I do not post here much but I am always on here. I have a solution for the Infiniti owners who cannot stream music via Bluetooth.

I have a 2008 G37S Coupe. I purchased the Bovee ViseeO WMA1000. It is a bluetooth device that connects to the factory 30-pin cable (iPod). No cables just plug it in to the OEM iPod cable. It was specifically for a BMW but was told that it may work.

This thing damn near works perfect. As soon as the car is started, for the majority it reconnects every time. Maybe once a week I have had to just unplug it and plug it back in. Sound quality seems great to me but then again I'm no audiophile.

It displays the text of the song on the screen (Spotify and iTunes). Although every so often it will not refresh the song but turning the stereo off and on again solves that problem.

$80 well worth it!
how did you get yours to work, I have the same car 08 G37s I got it to hook to the radio and pair up on my phone , tried Spotify it was hooked to Bovee but the display on the radio saying no songs and no sound, any help is much appreciated.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:17 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Rick diesel: What kind of phone?
Old 07-27-2018, 06:34 PM
Rick diesel

Rick diesel: What kind of phone?
I got a 7s iPhone
Old 07-27-2018, 06:37 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Duh, you said that earlier lol my bad.

Are you using an OEM iPod 30 Pin cable or aftermarket? I am trying to figure out the variables that are different for you. First one is that you don't have NAV so it's not an exact comparison but close.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:42 PM
Rick diesel

Duh, you said that earlier lol my bad.

Are you using an OEM iPod 30 Pin cable or aftermarket? I am trying to figure out the variables that are different for you. First one is that you don't have NAV so it's not an exact comparison but close.
the OEM IPOD wire, like I was saying it lights up the radios recognized it and my phone and Spotify paired up because I can see it on Spotify and the sound stops on my phone but the iPod screen says no songs found. Um baffled.
Old 07-27-2018, 06:50 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

I recently discovered that if you delete all of your music on your iPhone from iTunes it will no longer display the Artist and Track. Before it did show it and I recently cleared out my music since I use Spotify only. I have an iPhone 6 btw. I know you have it on the right input because you said it displays "No iPod detected". So for my phone's bluetooth, it connects automatically to the car's bluetooth (for phone calls, shows signal strength on screen when connected too). Then my phone connects to the WMA1000, sometimes it takes a few extra minutes to finally connect but always does, sounds good too.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Rick diesel

I recently discovered that if you delete all of your music on your iPhone from iTunes it will no longer display the Artist and Track. Before it did show it and I recently cleared out my music since I use Spotify only. I have an iPhone 6 btw. I know you have it on the right input because you said it displays "No iPod detected". So for my phone's bluetooth, it connects automatically to the car's bluetooth (for phone calls, shows signal strength on screen when connected too). Then my phone connects to the WMA1000, sometimes it takes a few extra minutes to finally connect but always does, sounds good too.
oh my don’t say no iPod detected it says there is no song, I never had music in my iTunes I always streamed from Spotify etc, so breakdown Bovee 1000 conects to the stereo and my phone just will not stream my music from Spotify, pandora etc
Old 07-27-2018, 07:18 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rick diesel
Hey I got my iPhone 7s hooked up to mine today no issues there but when I tried to stream Spotify I looked the screen and got no iPod connected, unplugged and plugged it back it still nothing but my phone and Spotify is connected to the Bovee wma1000 . Any ideas??
You said "No iPod Connected" in this post. If it says "No Song" then it should be working. Try adding a song to your iTunes and see if that does anything different.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:10 PM
Rick diesel

That’s what it said initially, then I got everything to hook up, now just no sound . It’s all good tho now I went and bought a fm receiver and that worked.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:10 PM
ross7778

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See this thread for a better solution.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...ped-car-2.html

Amazon Amazon
Old 07-29-2018, 04:17 PM
Absinthe
Registered Member

Received 81 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by the93owner
Just FWIW I'm using the WMA1000 (which is the non-USB version of this device) with an iPhone 6 on the latest iOS software and I haven't run into any bluetooth connectivity or playback issues.
Just curious, I adopted the same solution but was annoyed that the music playback started immediately after the iPhone connected with the WMA1000. It pissed me off so badly that I removed the entire system and went back to hard wire. Does your setup do this as well? What year is your G37?