Audio, Video & Electronics Reviews on G Audio, Video, and Electronics.

Reset the dot matrix maintenance mileage

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 03:21 PM
HighTider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reset dot matrix maint. reminder 2013 G37

2013 G37x with Nav. I have read every post on how to reset the oil maintenance mileage on the dot matrix screen and cannot get it to work. I can reset the one on the big display (why would they have two systems?). Does anyone have a solution to this? Manual does no good. I hate to go to the dealer. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:12 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by HighTider
I have tried every combination of buttons to reset the dot matrix maintenance mileage with zero luck. Any one have any tips?
Are you referring to the display integrated in the gauge cluster? Or in the navigation screen?

If its the dot matrix window on the instrument cluster.

To reset that,
  • Hit the top button on the right side of the instrument cluster until you see the Skip, Alert, Maintenance, etc. screen appears in the red area.
  • Use the bottom button on the right side of the instrument cluster to highlight Maintenance and then hit the top button to select.
  • Use the bottom button on the right side of the instrument cluster to highlight the desired maintenance item, i.e. Engine Oil, and then hit the top button to select.
  • Select Reset.
  • Repeat for any other maintenance item.

If you are talking about resetting the distance to the next maintenance reminder on the center console information screen you need to select each reminder that needs to be reset, i.e.:
Select Info, go to maintenance
Select REMINDER 1 and hit Enter.
On the next screen Select RESET DISTANCE and hit Enter.
The orange portion of the mileage bar on the right should now be gone indicating the reminder mileage is set to 0.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 04-26-2016 at 04:22 PM.