Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

CD Ejecting/Loading Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Mattimus
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
CD Ejecting/Loading Issue

So recently the non-nav 6 disc changer in my 08 coupe decided it doesn't like loading or reading certain discs. I will eject a disc and it doesn't seem to register that its been removed. The 'ejecting disc' popup will stay there and I am unable to load a new disc unless I go through a dance of switching to radio/xm or aux and then back. After researching the issue last night, I didn't come up with many answers. I just assume that my changer is about to die and should be replaced. I am way out of warranty at this point. But I can find new changers online for decent prices and I have the tools and skills to swap this myself.

My question is whether I can just simply (relative term, I know) change out the disc changer portion of my headunit with another used one without issue. I'm not looking to upgrade to a Nav system or anything, I just want to play discs again. I couldn't find anyone on here that had asked about it or done it, so I wasn't sure if it was possible. It seems like this is just what the dealers would do in a similar scenario if I was under warranty.

Any information is greatly appreciated.