Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Audio Bit One's compatibility with Bose?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 03:25 PM
mmnjtwa

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Audio Bit One's compatibility with Bose?

Hey guys, I've done some reading about the Bit One, and wondering if I can just install the sound processor in my '11 G37 coupe with the Bose system without needing to change out amps as well? I thought I read some (maybe just one) thread(s) with folks incorporating a sound processor and retaining the Bose amps and speakers? All I can seem to find today are threads with guys changing out entire systems; I may do so in the future, but, as of now, I'm only looking to improve the quality of the signal and sound of the Bose and add a single sub and amp.

If this is possible, how do I go about wiring it? I know the signal from the head unit is flat, so can I just catch the high output signal from the wires before the Bose and then take the rca outputs and connect the wires back to the Bose amp, or would the Bose amp just do some weird eq'ing and mess up the cleaned up signal from the Bit One?

I have multiple two-channel amps, a nice component set, and quality 6x9s from a previous vehicle, but I wasn't looking to gut my entire car just yet. I just picked it up 45 days ago, and want to spend more time and money on exhaust, tune, and wheels before I completely do the system (I already installed Swift springs and have the Takeda CAI.)

I've installed many complete audio/video systems, built custom boxes and speaker adapters, and can understand wiring diagrams fairly well, but hadn't used a SP on a stock system yet, so not sure if I can despite believing I read I could for my previous car -- Volvo S60R. Any help would be appreciated, guys.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:51 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
I have the radio wiring diagrams posted on this site. If you search my username you will be able to find them.

I run the Bit ten D and it makes a huge difference.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:16 PM
mmnjtwa

Originally Posted by blazeplacid
I have the radio wiring diagrams posted on this site. If you search my username you will be able to find them.

I run the Bit ten D and it makes a huge difference.
Thanks. I think the audio mod bug hit m, once again, over night. I went through my stuff in the garage. Going to install my JL 500/1, JL 300/4, Polk Momo 6.5" components, and Polk Momo 6x9s.

Going to install the amps in the spare tire well on a rack lined with mirror plexiglass or cover it with some 3M vinyl. Then I'm going to build a false floor, to cover the amps, with some half inch plexiglass that has the JL logo cut out and some fiber board.

So much for waiting... I already did some test fitting and took measurements today.

Last edited by mmnjtwa; 03-28-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:49 AM
colin.ssc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds cool! Post pics when you're done!
Old 03-30-2015, 01:46 PM
rvazquezdt
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mmnjtwa, I actually just signed up to look into this. I am in the same boat as you and wanted to upgrade the quality of the signal and bypass the Bose amp all together. I was looking at an Audison AP8.9 Bit as the signal processor and amp.
I have an amp and Sub from my previous car that I will be using.
then later on I would redo the component speakers
Old 03-31-2015, 04:39 AM
mmnjtwa

Seems, to me, that you can bypass the Bose amp and use an external DSP and amp to clean up the signal and run the factory speakers. Just beware of the lower impedance of the Bose speakers. I'm going to pick up a Bit One and some Hertz components tomorrow. I'll gradually install everything in my spare time over the next week or so.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:14 AM
colin.ssc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally found Bit Ten was more than enough for my setting. Thought of getting Bit One but after looking into it thought it was overkill.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:27 PM
rvazquezdt
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive searched everywhere, has anyone used an audison signal processor with the factory bose amp and speakers?
Old 04-02-2015, 11:56 PM
charliekwin

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by rvazquezdt
mmnjtwa, I actually just signed up to look into this. I am in the same boat as you and wanted to upgrade the quality of the signal and bypass the Bose amp all together. I was looking at an Audison AP8.9 Bit as the signal processor and amp.
I have an amp and Sub from my previous car that I will be using.
then later on I would redo the component speakers
Adding a sub might help, but the rest of it isn't worth the time, effort or money until you replace the stock speakers (and even that is assuming you don't burn something up due to impedance mismatches). Do the whole job all at once.