Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Need help choosing custom trunk solution, Maximum bass

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 09:23 PM
Neddy_G37

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
hey, its been a while, how are things holding up?
Old 04-05-2019, 02:20 AM
oNeNoNly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question to you.

I was reading the information about box types and what the difference between them are. I am prepared to build a box into the trunk of my car. I'd like to make a 4th order. I have 2 12 inch Skar vxf. I'm wondering if you may be able to help me out with a ratio you think I should go with. I want to have a wide range of frequencies and just don't know how to decide on size of Sealed vs. Ported area. My max width is 38 inches. I have a 6 inch diameter aeroport that can be from 10 inches long to 21 inches long. Just have to add or subtract pieces. It's the 6 inch versa tuned port from Big *** ports. It came with a midmount accessory so i can have 7 inches of external port and 14 inches internal and can be pushed in or out depending upon what I desire. So, can you possibly help me? You seem to have the knowledge that I lack and I cannot afford $50 for someone else to make a design for me... Thank you in advance. Fingers crossed that you still have an account with G37

Originally Posted by Neddy_G37
This is a great example of a 4th order bandpass that utilizes one sub, takes a ton of power to operate efficiently, but can be made to work in a tight space with a small sub sounding much larger!