Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

USB to bluetooth audio adapter

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 01:30 PM
abharwani

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ordered the adapter that OP posted. Seems like a good solution if you're like me and hate updating the music on your iPod and would rather stream music from a phone.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:47 PM
MaCe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tried the adapter but cant get it to connect to my phone.. any thoughts?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:06 AM
cydonian66

Hello everyone. A bit late to the party, but I too, just like the rest of you, am frustrated with the lack of playing audio from my phone. I read all the posts in here, and after looking at different bluetooth USB dongles, I decided to go with this based on reviews:

Amazon.com: MPOW Streambot Slider Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: MPOW Streambot Slider Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I got it from eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mpow-3-5mm-Streambot-Slider-USB-Bluetooth-Audio-Streaming-Music-Receiver-Adapter-/151699991392?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2352062b60) free shipping. Really hoping it works with no lag or stutter. I will let you know when I receive it and try it out.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:10 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by cydonian66
Hello everyone. A bit late to the party, but I too, just like the rest of you, am frustrated with the lack of playing audio from my phone. I read all the posts in here, and after looking at different bluetooth USB dongles, I decided to go with this based on reviews:

Amazon.com: MPOW Streambot Slider Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I got it from eBay (Mpow 3 5mm Streambot Slider USB Bluetooth Audio Streaming Music Receiver Adapter | eBay) free shipping. Really hoping it works with no lag or stutter. I will let you know when I receive it and try it out.
That solution appears promising. However, it appears you require an AUX port for this to work. After a certain year of G's, Infiniti/Nissan stopped including AUX ports in their vehicle. It's quite the boner decision if you ask me.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:01 AM
Brad Madsen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone tried a Bluetooth to 30pin dock adapter?? NAXA makes one, for instance.

I will hopefully soon be the owner of a 2012 G37x, without Nav.

Other than the NAXA - NAB4003, I wonder if anyone has tried the NAB4000? It is a blutooth adapter meant to be used with stereos that have a 30-pin dock. Judging by the website, it might have superior blutooth to the NAB4000. My thinking is to just take a USB to 30 pin and plug it into the USB. I think there is a good chance it works.

In fact, I wish someone would have already tried this or another 30-pin bluetooth adapter. There are several. My thinking is that these are intended to emulate an iPhone and allow a person to use an-otherwise obsolete 30-pin dock stereo with any bluetooth capable device. That is, essentially, what we want to do. It's worth a shot, unless someone can comment on some sort of loss that happens going from 30-pin to USB, which could be the case.
The following users liked this post:
MStrike (11-17-2021)
Old 10-14-2015, 12:15 AM
thatbriiguy

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cydonian66

Amazon.com: MPOW Streambot Slider Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I got it from eBay (Mpow 3 5mm Streambot Slider USB Bluetooth Audio Streaming Music Receiver Adapter | eBay) free shipping. Really hoping it works with no lag or stutter. I will let you know when I receive it and try it out.

Any luck with this? I'm still hoping that someone finally finds a product that works....
Old 10-14-2015, 12:19 AM
cydonian66

Originally Posted by thatbriiguy
Any luck with this? I'm still hoping that someone finally finds a product that works....
Nope, I returned it and just got the NAB or whatever it's called. Laggy, but it's better than nothing.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:49 PM
AMCDeac

Originally Posted by monytx
Can you give us an update on how this solution is working for you? Am I correct to assume you are plugging into the RCA plugs on an '08 without nav? Does it resolve the volume problem that occurs when we try to run a headphone connection through the RCA plugs? Where does it draw its power?

Thanks for the tip and any updates you can provide.
Old 10-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Brad Madsen

I've been using the NAXA-NAB. While it is cheap, convenient, and simple, it is not an adequate sollution. It does weird things. It "skips" or deletes tiny fragments of audio, and sometimes it sounds like it is playing too fast. The 10-second or so lag is not a big deal to me, but it is there. Really, if it just played that audio without the frequent skips or weird distortions, it would be great.

FWIW, it is taking the streaming audio and then dumping it into an .MP3 file. Your car tries to play the MP3 file, and it almost works. I get the impression it COULD work, but it is just a super-cheap device. I would happily pay $30 for one if it worked.

SO - OTHER POSSIBILITIES - the GROM set up that takes-over your XM-SAT input works, and I bet it works well. But it is pricey. And you lose XM radio. I dislike that.

The only other viable option I see is a wired FM-Modulator. Here is one that just provides a Line-in:

Amazon.com : iSimple IS31 Antenna Bypass FM Modulator for Factory or Aftermarket Car Radios : Vehicle Audio Auxiliary Adapters : Car Electronics Amazon.com : iSimple IS31 Antenna Bypass FM Modulator for Factory or Aftermarket Car Radios : Vehicle Audio Auxiliary Adapters : Car Electronics

A similar model includes bluetooth:

Amazon.com: iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit for Android Devices, Blue: Car Electronics Amazon.com: iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit for Android Devices, Blue: Car Electronics

These patch into your antenna and then occupy an FM station. When your radio is tuned to the FM station, you hear whatever is going through the device (bluetooth, or line-in). You do have to buy two small pig-tail adapters, because your G37 doesn't have the same style of FM antenna connections. Browsing online, it likely ads $15 to a set up.

I think this probably provides the best inexpensive experience for people wanting to add BlueTooth audio to non-nav G37.

I might do it. . .

Last edited by Brad Madsen; 10-19-2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Added info re adapter for antenna connections
MStrike (11-17-2021)
Old 10-19-2015, 05:48 PM
defektion
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Well there is the Tune2Air solution but you need to have an additional adapter to make it work. That was the component I was missing.
Old 10-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
has no one tried those little USB-powered Bluetooth adapters? (need a USB cig lighter adapter to power it)

it works great in my '08 Evo, which has Bluetooth for phone, but doesnt do audio. plugs into RCA inputs with a 3.5mm to RCA cable.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:03 AM
Brad Madsen

G37 after a certain year do not have RCA inputs or Bluetooth Audio.

Originally Posted by Landshark
has no one tried those little USB-powered Bluetooth adapters? (need a USB cig lighter adapter to power it)

it works great in my '08 Evo, which has Bluetooth for phone, but doesnt do audio. plugs into RCA inputs with a 3.5mm to RCA cable.
I've read several threads addressing the lack of bluetooth audio in non-navi G37. And, like Landshark, somebody eventually chimes in and points out that there are many, many, cheap Blue-tooth audio adapters that just plug into either an RCA or 3.5mm headphone jack.

But THAT is the REAL problem. Non-Navi G37 after a certain year (2008?) don't have ANY audio input other than the USB port. NO RCA INPUT. NO 3.5MM input. NO BLUETOOTH AUDIO. Hence, the various work-around and what not.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:15 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Brad Madsen
I've read several threads addressing the lack of bluetooth audio in non-navi G37. And, like Landshark, somebody eventually chimes in and points out that there are many, many, cheap Blue-tooth audio adapters that just plug into either an RCA or 3.5mm headphone jack.

But THAT is the REAL problem. Non-Navi G37 after a certain year (2008?) don't have ANY audio input other than the USB port. NO RCA INPUT. NO 3.5MM input. NO BLUETOOTH AUDIO. Hence, the various work-around and what not.

i thought that was later, like 2010+ had no RCA's.

there's this:
Nissan Infiniti 02-11 Auxiliary Input Adapter Kit - SAT Emulation
can't confirm or deny it works, though.

these cars are a rat's nest of confusion as far as coupe/sedan/convertible/nav/no nav/6mt/auto/AWD/RWD/etc.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:19 PM
Brad Madsen

The GROM adapter works, its been confirmed. Once you add it all up, I want to say the cost would be around $200, though.

I do wish somebody would clearly explain whether or not the Tune2Air (or Air2Tune?) adapter works. Best I could tell, it might work if you got it enough power? Like the USB input doesn't put out enough for it to work, but if you added some juice, it might?
Old 10-24-2015, 09:56 PM
GFTW
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Brad Madsen
The GROM adapter works, its been confirmed. Once you add it all up, I want to say the cost would be around $200, though.

I do wish somebody would clearly explain whether or not the Tune2Air (or Air2Tune?) adapter works. Best I could tell, it might work if you got it enough power? Like the USB input doesn't put out enough for it to work, but if you added some juice, it might?
I have tried the Tune2Air twice with 2 different models: one with the 30-pin ipod connector (WMA 1000) and one with the USB connector (WMA 2000). I set up the one with the 30-pin connector with the CableJive and the SCOSCHE adapters. I can confirm you that the Tune2Air does not work on our car, at least in my case. I assumed the Tune2Air could connect to the car audio unit but the audio unit could read it because it showed "check the connected device" on the display.
Brad Madsen (10-26-2015)

Quick Reply: USB to bluetooth audio adapter