Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

USB to bluetooth audio adapter

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 10:46 PM
undocumented

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jsolo
only found in nav equipped models
Correct non-nav like mine and OP have bt phone but no A2DP (aka music audio) streaming from the factory. Those of us non-idevice users have no way to play music from phone and that is where this device works.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:38 PM
TByrd_McCloy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a 2012 Sedan W/ Nav, but as many have notice, the AD2P quality is unacceptable with Android devices. It sounds like it's selecting SBC every time instead of MP3 or AAC, or god forbid, ATPX. Do you guys think this would work in my NAV USB port as a way to get around the Android streaming quality issues?
Old 12-29-2014, 01:06 PM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just bought one for my 2010 G37x with Bose, no navi. Thanks to the OP for the tip!
I just need it for occasional use, like when my daughter wants to play something from her phone in the car (but I'm usually alone).

For normal listening, I use Sirius Satellite, and I bought an IPOD touch that stays in the car. The sound quality and control available with apple devices makes it worth the 300 dollar investment for a 64gb (Just think of it as a sound system upgrade). Just getting an Iphone might have been an even better investment but I digress.

I purchased an ISimple Aux in to wired FM unit, but now I'm not going to install it. I just could not live with a modern luxury vehicle without the ability to BT stream or play through an android phone. Ridiculous. But if I can do this for 12 bucks with this NAXA unit, without having to permanently install something, that's all I need.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:43 PM
undocumented

Originally Posted by TByrd_McCloy
Do you guys think this would work in my NAV USB port as a way to get around the Android streaming quality issues?
It will probably work. The sound quality is good through the NAXA unit but I have never heard streaming through the factory system so I can't compare. I will say that the NAXA unit does lag and hiccups at times catching up to your device. It is not that intrusive and because I have no other option at this point, I will deal with it. Just something else to keep in mind.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:02 AM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Originally Posted by undocumented
Also my phone (SGS3) will connect to both the music adapter and the car bluetooth giving both phone and audio at the same time, sometimes it connects to one or the other.
I'm interested to hear more info on how this works along side the hands free phone pairing with the car.

It sounds like you can pair to the device and the car at the same time. Then, if you want to make a call, you have to disconnect the device pairing? (there goes "hands fee"!)
And what happens if you are streaming music through the device and a call comes in?
Old 12-30-2014, 11:32 PM
ross7778

Originally Posted by smilinsteve
I'm interested to hear more info on how this works along side the hands free phone pairing with the car.

It sounds like you can pair to the device and the car at the same time. Then, if you want to make a call, you have to disconnect the device pairing? (there goes "hands fee"!)
And what happens if you are streaming music through the device and a call comes in?
They are both paired at the same time. When a call comes in the music is paused/stopped. When you hang up the music resumes. No manual disconnecting.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:12 AM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ross7778
They are both paired at the same time. When a call comes in the music is paused/stopped. When you hang up the music resumes. No manual disconnecting.
That's perfect, but I wonder how it works. I"m guessing it is the phone that prioritizes the call, not the car or the device, eh?
Old 01-01-2015, 07:41 PM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

So, I got it, and it works!
I only did a short initial test but here is my impression so far
- Easy to set up
- Listened to some MP3 music and the skips were pretty regular and annoying. It seemed to get better after a few minutes of listening for some reason.
- Switched to Sirius Radio on my phone, (Howard Stern), and I don't think it skipped at all.
- Technically, I think the reason for this is less jigaunits per second needed to be processed with the talking stream vs the high quality MP3 music, but I might be wrong.
- I need to play with it some more to make a final conclusion. Since I only plan on occasional use, I think it will be fine for my needs. I will normally be using my Ipod or Sirius radio. If I was planning to use it as my main audio source, I don't know if the skipping would be acceptable.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:41 AM
tomdp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got a 12 No-Nav and when I saw this post, I ran to my local Fry's electronics and bought this NAXA adaptor. Tested this in the parking lot and it works. I experience the same music lag and sometimes skip a beat but I am happy with this $10 device.

Before this, I looked all over for solutions and even tried ViseeO Tune2air with the Ipod adaptor and nothing works. Thanks Op for posting this.
The following users liked this post:
sukyle25 (01-18-2015)
Old 01-10-2015, 09:28 AM
monytx
Registered Member

Received 116 Likes on 109 Posts
I have an 08, this is what I use.
Amazon.com: HomeSpot NFC-Enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System: Electronics Amazon.com: HomeSpot NFC-Enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System: Electronics
The following users liked this post:
Zelf24 (06-11-2022)
Old 01-15-2015, 08:29 PM
BLKNPRL11
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
wowser it works
i got one for sale for 50 dollars lol jk
i got it frys 10 bux
it works im happy does have have a delay issue wondering if you buy a better brand one double the price it would work better??
Old 01-18-2015, 10:31 AM
sukyle25

Just wanted to post an update. I bought another brand from Amazon (Inateck® USB Bluetooth 4.0) that seemed like it might work, but no luck. I stopped at Best Buy a few days ago to see if they had anything similar, and the car audio guy did not even know a device like the NAXA existed - so I'm guessing not many companies make a similar device.

I'll keep searching, and if I find anything that works a little better, I'll let you all know - it's sort of become an obsession to find one that works perfectly.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:20 PM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sukyle25
Just wanted to post an update. I bought another brand from Amazon (Inateck® USB Bluetooth 4.0) that seemed like it might work, but no luck. I stopped at Best Buy a few days ago to see if they had anything similar, and the car audio guy did not even know a device like the NAXA existed - so I'm guessing not many companies make a similar device.

I'll keep searching, and if I find anything that works a little better, I'll let you all know - it's sort of become an obsession to find one that works perfectly.
It seems like just a lucky find that that you happened to try the NAXA and it worked! I don't even know what characteristic or property the NAXA has that could be searched for in other devices, but that would be useful information.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:59 PM
GiantPurpleCat

Fantastic! This is exactly the kind of device I was looking for. Can you fast forward in songs to? To clarify, I mean like if you are listening to a 3-minute song, can you go on your phone and skip to a part at 2:30 for example? I understand that there will probably be stuttering involved, but I would just like to know if the functionality exists. Thank you again for posting this solution.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:48 PM
smilinsteve
Registered Member

Originally Posted by GiantPurpleCat
Fantastic! This is exactly the kind of device I was looking for. Can you fast forward in songs to? To clarify, I mean like if you are listening to a 3-minute song, can you go on your phone and skip to a part at 2:30 for example? I understand that there will probably be stuttering involved, but I would just like to know if the functionality exists. Thank you again for posting this solution.
You could do it from your phone but not from the car controls

Quick Reply: USB to bluetooth audio adapter