Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Delete phone from paired phone list

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 11:24 AM
TomsG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delete phone from paired phone list

Got a Q50 loaner that I paired with my cell phone, but would like to remove my phone from the list before I return the car. Found lots of info on how to pair phones, but nothing on how to get it off the list. Don't know if it matters, but it is a navi car.
Thanks - Tom
Old 02-26-2014, 03:01 PM
TomsG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got it figured out. Just kept pushing buttons and icons till it worked. 1 Start car 2 select phone icon on app screen 3 select connect device 4 select the little phone/music icon left of the phone you want to delete 5 select delete.
Step 4 is the important one. If you select the entry instead of the icon you won't get the delete screen.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:01 AM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Had the same issue today. The loaner 2017 Q50 3.0 Turbo was full of paired phones and would not accept mine. It said I had to remove a phone before I could add another.

To delete them, you have to turn off Bluetooth. Only then can you remove the paired phones.

From the main menu, choose settings. Next choose Bluetooth, and then turn off Bluetooth. Just below that option on that same screen is Connect Device. Press it and then press the phone you wish to delete. You should see an option to Delete the phone. Delete all the phones you wish to. Once phones are deleted, press the back button and turn on Bluetooth again. You can now connect your devices.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:36 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
Speaking of deleting stuff, I don't recall seeing an option equivalent to a factory reset. That is, erase bt pairings, stored destinations, contacts, etc. Basically a factory reset for the car?