Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Finally some inspiration for that next mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 11:27 PM
LooksLikeASport

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by smouth
Is there any way to do this without my car having the RCA jacks, just the USB input?
Unfortunately, it will be a bit more difficult. From what I've read, the best way to go about it is to splice into the XM radio wires and use that input. Depending on how you do it, you'll effectively be replacing XM radio with the audio from the tablet. I haven't done this yet, but I'm in the same position and when I get around to doing the mod, this is what I'll be doing. A good amount of people have done this before. I just did a quick search on google and found this guy who connected his XM audio wires to a bluetooth receiver.

http://g37.pl/bt/

In your case you would just connect them to a 3.5mm plug or some RCA jacks, instead of a bluetooth receiver.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:30 AM
EpicOnDaBeat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Paratrooper
Yes sir, Charlotte--we got to hang out or something. As far as my aux input,..I got lucky and my G has the rca's in the mid console...so i just used an rca to 3.5mm headphone jack. Thats it, I select aux on the radio and its done. Sounds awesome too, no need to increase volume or anything more than the radio.

The screen is perfect, nothing is cutoff. Side to side there is a few millimeters of black space (not noticeable), its the edge of the face of the nexus. Top to bottom is exact fit, so when needing to drop down the status bar its a tight fit for your finger tip..

I don't mean to go off subject but I live in Hickory. I'm down in Charlotte every few weeks. Was just down there last Friday at CIN Motorsports to have HFC's installed actually. Anyway, would love to see this up close before I consider doing anything similar. Any other DIY mods you've done?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 PM
TazRider

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
man How much do you Charge? l ' ll drive up from Atlanta for that,!!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:16 AM
stm37s

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
nice build man
The following users liked this post:
Paratrooper (04-15-2014)
Old 04-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Paratrooper

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicOnDaBeat
I don't mean to go off subject but I live in Hickory. I'm down in Charlotte every few weeks. Was just down there last Friday at CIN Motorsports to have HFC's installed actually. Anyway, would love to see this up close before I consider doing anything similar. Any other DIY mods you've done?

PM me the next time your coming down.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:32 AM
TazRider

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Paratrooper, I assume you decided not to go with the dual screen. Where did you find that dual set up? I've been talking to sound shops in the area and it almost seems like you have to map out what you want for them to "see" if they can do it. This is nuts. The exterior and engine mods are plentyful but the electronic mods seems to be rocket science.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Paratrooper

I have not found a need for the factory screen, would still be sick to have it somewhere..

Car audio, mobile video, vehicle security, remote starters, and mobile electronics*-*Jersey City NJ*-*201 Motoring *-*(201) 793-8813
The following users liked this post:
TazRider (04-16-2014)
Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 PM
Oxygen955
Registered Member

I have not found a need for the factory screen, would still be sick to have it somewhere..

Car audio, mobile video, vehicle security, remote starters, and mobile electronics*-*Jersey City NJ*-*201 Motoring *-*(201) 793-8813
Hey, thanks for the write-up and all the advice. I'm doing this, going to follow in your footsteps! I ordered all the parts.

I was thinking, where did you put your usb hub? Did you leave it in the console or bring it to the glove box? I was thinking of running an extension usb female and replacing that useless iphone port with the line to the hub. Keeps it looking 100% stock and everything hidden.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:05 AM
Paratrooper

Would be pretty clean in the console, coming through the existing port.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:37 PM
dlouly76

How do can you tell what temperature your heater/ac is at?
Old 04-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Paratrooper

Originally Posted by dlouly76

I just turn it until im comfortable.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:51 AM
Oxygen955
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dlouly76
I'm combining Paratroopers setup with:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...nexus-7-a.html

That way I can use dashcam to display the stock screen/ settings etc. I still want that to be able to connect a new phone to bluetooth etc

All the parts are ordered. I'm using USBRom. Should all be here by next weekend.

Edit should mention using a different UVC capture device, that Febon is too expensive!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:09 PM
dlouly76

Originally Posted by Oxygen955
I'm combining Paratroopers setup with:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...nexus-7-a.html

That way I can use dashcam to display the stock screen/ settings etc. I still want that to be able to connect a new phone to bluetooth etc

All the parts are ordered. I'm using USBRom. Should all be here by next weekend.

Edit should mention using a different UVC capture device, that Febon is too expensive!
Yeah I saw this post to and wanted to go that route but was hoping to get better quality as mentions over time its getting wavy? Which capture device are you going to use? Im ready to order all the parts and nexus 7 (2013) as well but just this one hurdle was making me wait a bit. I do need to have my factory display so i can have full functionality of the stock system.

Last edited by dlouly76; 04-30-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:21 PM
dlouly76

That awkward moment you post something last and it kills the thread......
Old 05-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Paratrooper

REVIVE! just had some close friends of mine actually notice I had a tablet in my car... its been there for months. Turned into a nice conversation about doing a few setups local.

Quick Reply: Finally some inspiration for that next mod