Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Dedicated Touchscreen Android setup using OEM screen

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 06:01 AM
Alkatraz

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Thats actually my setup using the MimicsX2. Dave, the guy who makes them is actually a decent guy and has helped me out on the phone with the setup many times. Unfortunately he bit off WAAAAAAAY more than he could chew with this deal and pissed off a hell of a lot of people. A bit of a shame because the idea and technology is really cool.

I haven't really improved mine much from when that video was taken and the sat nav is actually useless because the Galaxy S2 its own GPS signal strength once you use the video out. A different phone would be more useful, Galaxy S4 would work awesomely.

Since getting in on the GTM TT group buy i haven't really spent any time on this setup but was planning to use it for gauges as well. I have kinda scrapped that idea as well though as I really need gauges that are visable permanently and not dissapearing when i want to skip songs.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:22 AM
JWise1203
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JWise1203

Originally Posted by Alkatraz
Thats actually my setup using the MimicsX2. Dave, the guy who makes them is actually a decent guy and has helped me out on the phone with the setup many times. Unfortunately he bit off WAAAAAAAY more than he could chew with this deal and pissed off a hell of a lot of people. A bit of a shame because the idea and technology is really cool.

I haven't really improved mine much from when that video was taken and the sat nav is actually useless because the Galaxy S2 its own GPS signal strength once you use the video out. A different phone would be more useful, Galaxy S4 would work awesomely.

Since getting in on the GTM TT group buy i haven't really spent any time on this setup but was planning to use it for gauges as well. I have kinda scrapped that idea as well though as I really need gauges that are visable permanently and not dissapearing when i want to skip songs.
Have you checked out any options made by QDIS? I purchased this:

Car Video Interface (GVIF) - INFINITY/NISSAN | qdis
Manual - http://qdis.co.kr/wp-content/uploads..._201207271.pdf

I still need to install the unit but in theory it should work with this component (as far as I know you can't purchase this yet):

SMI (Smartphone Mirroring Interface) - SMI | qdis
Manual - http://qdis.co.kr/wp-content/uploads..._EN_120621.pdf

I am hoping to connect the two via the RGB interface. If this works, we should be able to display at the native resolution of our LCD screens.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:04 PM
370 GT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JWise1203
I am hoping to connect the two via the RGB interface. If this works, we should be able to display at the native resolution of our LCD screens.
Very interested how you go with this, keep us posted!