Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Everything you need to know about iPod Video Cables

Old 06-22-2008, 02:06 PM
romor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pin outs

Did anyone figure out the pin out for the jack inside the center console compartment so we can plug something other than an ipod? Ie. carputer, nav unit, etc. Just got the g37S, cant wait to get my carputer stuff in here.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:13 PM
getoesouljah

i think this might of been discussed but i couldnt find it in the thread, so if you do rca to iphone, ipod etc. it will let you play music while driving? but if you try to play a video it wont?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:13 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it is more than just a cable so you cannot use anything but an IPod. I believe it is also the software that makes it compatible with the IPod and only an IPod. I could be wrong though but I have not heard of anyone else using anything else
Old 06-23-2008, 11:24 AM
RPMsG37

The iPOD cable contains analog audio-in and TX/RX speaking to the iPOD. I suppose you could have a CarPC emulate an iPOD to receive the buttons, but then you couldn't use the LCD for video since that only works in AUX mode. I am trying to find a different way to make the CarPC sense the **** & buttons (like with a PAC SWI-V adapter or something). Still working on it.

I am running a dual-screen setup with a 7" TS-VGA in front of the gear shift (covering the ash-tray after I removed that curvy part of the bezel in my G37S). The stock LCD is video-in only which is horrible for small PC text, but works fine for displaying the GPS map, Google Earth, Album Art, Milk-Drop Visualization, etc.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:03 AM
romor

pin outs

Thanks guys, I figured out how to by pass the video bs and made plans to overlay stock screen with a touch kit but RCA cables suck. And I really don't understand the reason why this forum bands video by pass. Since 3rd party devices feature their own cautions and warnings not to drive and watch videos or don't input NAV while moving, etc. I used to have FX35 and it had similar plug behind the head unit just like the one we have for the IPOD. I shorted out 2 pins for the AUX recognize something was plugged in and the other had 2 more for right and left audio. I'm in search of similar audio input, higher quality video input would be highly appreciated.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:19 PM
7makara

i don have NAV system

so i can play video on my car or not?
but all i have is only connecter in harnest that came with the car,, or i have to buy another connector for that??

Originally Posted by RPF
This is false. See this link for an explanation of the various video out cables for the video-out capable iPods. It is just a matter of time before a 3rd party manufacturer makes an alternate video-out cable for the dock connector on the 4G, 5G and 6G (classic) HDD iPods and the flash-based (3G nano, touch, iPhone) iPods.

For the 4G (iPod photo, iPod w/Color Screen) and 5G (iPod Video) models, you can use a commonly-available camcorder video cable. The left cable is correct, but you have to swap the right cable and the video cable for it to work correctly. See the attached pics where I use a Radio Shack camcorder cable to output video from my 5G iPod to the car. Note the cable order in the pic without the RCA plugs in use and look at the order with them plugged in to see how to attach the plugs to get the audio and video to play correctly.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Yes you need another cable. Start at the beginning of the thread.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Taktix1

So if I have NAV and an iPod Touch, all I need is the Apple Composite AV Cable to be able to play a movie from my ipod along with sound?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:45 PM
7makara

hi !i want tknow why! when i using the ipod factory connector it got low volume than just the regular AUX phone the head phone plug...
Old 08-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Emperoryder

Has anyone tried with an iphone 3g???
Old 09-28-2008, 10:26 PM
reddemon73

Hi all,

I just got a 08 G37s with NAV and premium pkg. In my center armrest, I do not see the three RCA plugin I see on bboysteele's post. All I have is the cable connection for my iphone that came with the car. Am I missing something here??????
Old 09-28-2008, 11:43 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by reddemon73
Hi all,

I just got a 08 G37s with NAV and premium pkg. In my center armrest, I do not see the three RCA plugin I see on bboysteele's post. All I have is the cable connection for my iphone that came with the car. Am I missing something here??????
Where are you located? Are you in the US? There seems to be a little bit different configs for the car if you are overseas which is the only thing I can think of.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:38 PM
reddemon73

I'm in Seattle....Does this mean I will not be able to watch video from my NAV screen?
Old 09-29-2008, 11:31 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

If you have the IPod interface that should mean you got the Premium package which has the AV interface.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:06 PM
reddemon73

I looked in my center compartment and do not see the 3 three AV outlet in I see from your picture. The only outlet I see is the one that connect to the cable I got from Infiniti. Am I missing something very obvious?????

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Everything you need to know about iPod Video Cables