Sponsored By:

G37: Difference between a Sport Package and IPL

Old 10-05-2011, 11:49 AM
supersasan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37: Difference between a Sport Package and IPL

Hey everyone,
I am new to this forum ( my first post)

Is there much difference in terms of driving and handling between an infiniti G37 with sport package and an IPL G37?

I rather have an awd car. so when i went to infiniti and test drived a g37x i did not like the drive. the handling wasn't what i expected. and that's what i told the sales person

He showed me a g37 IPL and i took it for a test drive and i loved it.
he told me that G37xS drives the same and is exactly the same car except the extra hp and awd . now I am buying a G37xS without even test driving it ( it's getting shipped from Tulsa as we speak ).

can you guys help me and tell me what will be the difference between a G37xS and g37IPL ?
Will i be surprised by the difference in handling between the 2?

Thanks a lot
Old 10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There's is 0 hp gain between the g37x and the g37xs, just the stiffer Suspension. The ipl has 18 more horses, body kit, exhaust, stiffer Suspension. And those expensive wheels
Old 10-05-2011, 12:36 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by supersasan
He showed me a g37 IPL and i took it for a test drive and i loved it.
he told me that G37xS drives the same and is exactly the same car except the extra hp and awd . now I am buying a G37xS without even test driving it ( it's getting shipped from Tulsa as we speak ).

can you guys help me and tell me what will be the difference between a G37xS and g37IPL ?
Will i be surprised by the difference in handling between the 2?

Thanks a lot
A salesperson will say ANYTHING to sell you a car.

Dont sign a contract until the X arrives, and you have a chance to test drive it.
Just my 2 cents.
The following users liked this post:
chris5o4 (04-23-2013)
Old 10-05-2011, 12:38 PM
QX4cor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've never driven an IPL, but can tell you that there is a difference in handling between the base/journey and the sport. Suspension and steering are far improved.
As for aesthetics, the S has a more aggressive front end than the base, but not as aggressive as the ipl (I prefer the S front end). Ipl has side sills and different rear bumper, S side and rear looks like the base. Order the splash guards, they're like a little body kit for $200. S rims are much nicer than the base, and again I prefer them over the ipl. Both are 19's, I just like the S wheels better. Most the guys on here hate on them though.
Maybe I'm just biased, as I got my xS a few weeks ago. You'll love it.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Doggy
There's is 0 hp gain between the g37x and the g37xs, just the stiffer Suspension. The ipl has 18 more horses, body kit, exhaust, stiffer Suspension. And those expensive wheels

What he said, yes. And IPL will definitely handle better than the X you drove. Even a regular S will handle better than the X, but the IPL is better in every way. If I ever had a choice between the two, I would not think twice and hit the IPL with red interior.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:58 AM
jusrushem

im in the same boat. 58,000 is a little too steep for me for the ipl. god i love the car, but the ride, i cant really tell the difference. Love the black color of the ipl. Plus the ipl here in hawaii has the black intereior.
37s is bout 52 out the door.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 AM
gizmo0034

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
do you mind if i ask why you prefer the awd? i had the same feeling as you going into it because i was coming from a mitsubishi lancer evo X which i loved in the winter. but i ended up going with the IPL and got the dealer to throw in a set of blizack snow tires and honestly i didnt even know it was a rwd car in the snow. felt more solid than fwd cars with all season tires.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:42 PM
DONTTASEMEBRO

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
the suspension on the ipl vs the S aren't too noticable unless you track all the time, and the extra 18 horses can barely be felt, the only real differences in my opnion is that you get a louder exhaust...
Old 04-23-2013, 03:51 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
^ +1. test results prove that the IPL has neglible performance gains. the performance tests are all inline with other 37S tests. the '18' extra hp are likely up very high in the rev-range, and could be offset with the weight and drag from the body kits stick-ons anyways. the IPL is primarly a cosmetic/sound change from the S, not a performance change. and it costs a few more grand at least. many folks would rather spend that money on custom mods to their S.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:42 PM
jmann
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jusrushem
im in the same boat. 58,000 is a little too steep for me for the ipl. god i love the car, but the ride, i cant really tell the difference. Love the black color of the ipl. Plus the ipl here in hawaii has the black intereior.
37s is bout 52 out the door.
That's quite a premium Hawaiians pay over the mainland customers. I find that a little strange since technically the car wouldn't have to be shipped but about half the distance to get to Hawaii from Japan. You might look into having one shipped from a mainland dealership and you still might come out ahead, not sure what it costs to ship a car to Hawaii.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM
DONTTASEMEBRO

Honestly I think the IPL is way overpriced given the amount of performance it offers, even in the states. Here in CA I saw a ipl coupe going to 61k and a vert going for 66k. In other peoples opinion and mine why not take that 60+k and get a ISF or use it as a down for a m3?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Buckeye G

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I traded my 08 S coupe in on a 12 IPL. Only reason I got the IPL was because this was my 3rd G from them and I got it for the same price as a 12 S. I didnt really notice a diffrence in the 2. It does handle a little better but not much. I love the Monaco red interior and the front bumper. Id save the money and buy a new front bumper, get some sways and a exhaust and call it a day. I didnt even leave the dealership with the stock exhaust intake or coils I had them all swapped over from my old car as part of the deal. Heck they even dropped them all off for me at my house. I love my dealership!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Supremee
Registered Member

From what i know... the x is the same as the xs.... just has the S looks with the X feel.. soooo you probably wont like it. Good luck.

Never fall for the sales persons bull****. Do your research first. Enjoy (if you already bought it ) just be happy you didnt go with the X.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:02 AM
jusrushem

ipl$$

Yep. here in the 808 state, everything is expensive. they won't even budge on the sticker price. they tried to add 1200 on top of the sticker price. then they said, we will give you 1200 off the internet price. bastards..

Originally Posted by jmann
That's quite a premium Hawaiians pay over the mainland customers. I find that a little strange since technically the car wouldn't have to be shipped but about half the distance to get to Hawaii from Japan. You might look into having one shipped from a mainland dealership and you still might come out ahead, not sure what it costs to ship a car to Hawaii.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:13 AM
jusrushem

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: G37: Difference between a Sport Package and IPL