TSB - Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

HFC clicking and Rear Axle loose??!!

Old 03-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Loi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFC clicking and Rear Axle loose??!!

I've been in the dealership 2 times about these issues and they always have an excuse not to fix it or find out what the problem is. So I was hoping someone knows what is going on so I can directly point out the problem.

1. My Cats are making noises when idling and increases as I rev.

2. My rear axle literally feels like it's loose and makes a bunch of noise all the time, especially over speed bumps or uneven pavement.

and my stock is totally stock. I've check the sway bushing, camber arms, shocks, basically everything I can to make sure it's tightened.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
what year is your g?
Old 03-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Loi

One of the batches of 08s
Old 03-13-2011, 01:14 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I have weird axle noises also drivEs me nuts! Sometimes I hear it sometimEs I don't but going left or right and over bumpy roads it sounds like a popping noise and I's crackling like a popcorn popping sound just not as loud.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:52 PM
KennethG37S

check out the gaskets.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:29 AM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by VossenG37S
I have weird axle noises also drivEs me nuts! Sometimes I hear it sometimEs I don't but going left or right and over bumpy roads it sounds like a popping noise and is crackling like a popcorn popping sound just not as loud.
I hear this also! I thought it was my tires rubbing on something. What are you guys telling the dealership? My dealership always makes a big deal and blames everything on the fact I have 20s. And they are wider than the factory wheels.

Loi: About the axle noise. Is it comparable to the popping I hear when in first, and accelerate or let off the gas?
Old 03-14-2011, 10:33 AM
VossenG37S

I'm really thinking it's the axles or something I'n wheel hub or maybe it's normal don't know? My warranty up I'n 4k more miles gotta service it but I'm certain they will blame suspension.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:45 AM
breftayka

I'm really thinking it's the axles or something I'n wheel hub or maybe it's normal don't know? My warranty up I'n 4k more miles gotta service it but I'm certain they will blame suspension.
Could it be the suspension? I can't say I ever noticed it before putting my springs on. Then again there is a chance as I only drove it for about two weeks after I got back before putting the springs on.
You have 6MT right? Do you hear the popping noise on acceleration in first or when you drop down from about 4k RPMs in first? It's only one or two pops, but definitely there and definitely annoying.
I also hear the synchro's or maybe something else when pushing in the clutch at 4-5k RPM in first to second. Sounds like a turbo spooling. And finally that annoying throwout bearing noise.
They have been good to me so far by replacing the minor cosmetic stuff, but I bet they won't do anything about these problems.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Loi

^^ no my rear axle doesn't making a popping like noise. It sounds like the rear axle is literally loose. The sound of metal hitting.

As for your issue. Instead of fixing my request issue, the dealership say they're replacig this bolt that will fix the clicking noise during acceleration, I ask why when that's not an even issue I'm having. Fix my damn loose rear!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:06 PM
breftayka

Originally Posted by Loi
^^ no my rear axle doesn't making a popping like noise. It sounds like the rear axle is literally loose. The sound of metal hitting.

As for your issue. Instead of fixing my request issue, the dealership say they're replacig this bolt that will fix the clicking noise during acceleration, I ask why when that's not an even issue I'm having. Fix my damn loose rear!
WTF? Is it a TSB or something?
Old 03-14-2011, 01:08 PM
VossenG37S

I have 5AT and had S techs b4 and had same problem! I figured it was springs causing the noise but w Coils the noise I's still there...
Old 03-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Loi

Originally Posted by breftayka
WTF? Is it a TSB or something?
Seems like it.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:08 PM
breftayka

I have 5AT and had S techs b4 and had same problem! I figured it was springs causing the noise but w Coils the noise I's still there...
In low gears right?

Originally Posted by Loi
Seems like it.
Ahhh. Would you do me a favor and get me some specifics on it so I can get mine taken care of?
I take it you haven't gotten your car back yet.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:56 AM
fairladyz34

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My rear axle just or something in my rear like the Diff. just gave out on me tonight.

My "Slip" started to come on when i was driving and when i hit the gas the car swayed so i put it in Neutral and coasted into the nearby parking lot. Stopped the car then turned it off and restarted it.

I put the car in First and started to let the clutch out but the car didnt move and the gear fully engaged and the car didnt move, it just revved with the clutch out in first and made these really loud grinding noises coming from the rear.

I had Infiniti Roadside get me a flat bed and im bringing it to the dealer in the morning. The car has 23,5xx miles and i already had the trans, clutch, and flywheel replaced when i bought it in October '10 and it had 21,xxx miles at the time.

So ive have the car for 6 months needed a full new trans as soon as i bought it and it sat alot of the winter due to the weather and now its getting nice out and im modifying it a little and something in the rear is busted. Wow
Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 AM
breftayka

Originally Posted by fairladyz34
My rear axle just or something in my rear like the Diff. just gave out on me tonight.

My "Slip" started to come on when i was driving and when i hit the gas the car swayed so i put it in Neutral and coasted into the nearby parking lot. Stopped the car then turned it off and restarted it.

I put the car in First and started to let the clutch out but the car didnt move and the gear fully engaged and the car didnt move, it just revved with the clutch out in first and made these really loud grinding noises coming from the rear.

I had Infiniti Roadside get me a flat bed and im bringing it to the dealer in the morning. The car has 23,5xx miles and i already had the trans, clutch, and flywheel replaced when i bought it in October '10 and it had 21,xxx miles at the time.

So ive have the car for 6 months needed a full new trans as soon as i bought it and it sat alot of the winter due to the weather and now its getting nice out and im modifying it a little and something in the rear is busted. Wow
Mannnnn that sucks! Update with what they say. They better do a lemon buyback whatever it's called!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HFC clicking and Rear Axle loose??!!