Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

To all those who want to add Navigation and Backup Camera

Old 03-10-2010, 01:27 PM
Mr.Yo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all those who want to add Navigation and Backup Camera

I found a link on YouTube that looks really interesting!

YouTube - nissan infiniti NAVIGATION GPS UPGRADE KIT 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 ICONTV .wmv

I'm not sure how well it works, but it looks like it could be a better solution than the Garmin GVN53.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:58 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! Very interesting! I'd love to learn more about this!
Old 03-12-2010, 12:11 PM
Mr.Yo

I'm researching the system to have it installed in my car. Apparently it uses a clear overlay over the standard monitor to give it touch screen capability. www.icontv.com is the company that markets it. Not much info on their site though.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:52 PM
brian m

Keep us posted if you find any more info. I have an 08 with the GVN53, which works great, but this looks sick. I was searching around the web, but can't seem to find anything on this.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:03 AM
Mr.Yo

I was ready to order the GVN 53 after all the positive reviews and then I saw some links on the GVN 54 so I thought I would wait a bit until it came out. Then this system pops up on YouTube. I know this setup isn't cheap, my installer told me it would be around $1,600 before installation costs and I don't know if that includes the backup camera. I should have more info on Monday.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:51 AM
brian m

Ouch! That's steep, especially considering the nav package with camera on the G was going for $2000 when I bought my 08 and I installed my GVN for $350. I wish that video was clearer to get an idea of the graphics. The backup cam in the video looked to be factory, since it had the lines on the screen. I wonder if this unit has a SD card slot for installation of map/software updates, custom POIs and preplanned routes like the Garmin. Thanks for the post. fficeffice" /><O></O>
<O></O>
Old 03-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Mr.Yo

Looks like it will be about $2,500 installed with backup camera. This will be much more than the GVN system but closest to factory. I really wanted the factory NAV when I bought the car but I purchased a leftover 2009 and they were going to try to charge me $5,000 for the Tech package at the time. I got such a great deal on the car I am seriously considering spending the money, but I need to get some more info before I will commit. I am trying to get some more literature or a good link and I will post it when I get it.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:52 PM
09PlatinumS

please keep us updated... i am very interested in this but am also having trouble finding much info about it
Old 03-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Gazan37
Banned

Subscribed!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:14 AM
Greg Lecewicz

Originally Posted by DanMardik
Wow! Very interesting! I'd love to learn more about this!
http://icondealerservice.com/catalog...-X_box-450.jpg
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 PM
DanMardik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The price seems very high for this to be a logical navi upgrade for me.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:32 PM
heff

im very subscribed although i dont want nav i REAAAALLLLLLLYYYYYY want the backup camera option! DOes anyone know if u can jsut get the backup cam?
Old 03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
brian m

All you need is this http://www.tvandnav.com/infinitIG37.aspx which plugs into the back of your monitor and has a video input for a backup camera, such as a license plate type. It has a trigger wire that that is activated when you put the vehicle in reverse so the monitor will automatically display the backup camera image. This interface costs $350 and you can get a backup camera for around $200. You could also display a GPS or DVD player through this. Not sure if this specific interface is compatible with the ICONTV touch screen system.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Mr.Yo

My installer says he has another system that uses the same navigation software and I am going over tomorrow to see how good it is. They also just received in a new Kenwood backup camera that they speak very highly of. It has the guidance lines similar to the factory unit. I know this is going to be pricey but I have looked high and low for an aftermarket touchscreen nav solution and this looks like the only one that is feasible. Unless I hate the nav software I am planning on getting the system and I will post some pics. I would also like to integrate the switch that turns on the navigation into some type of factory switch instead of hiding a toggle switch in the ashtray.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:21 PM
brian m

Do you know where you plan on installing the camera? I hear it's difficult to judge the distance to objects with the license plate cams because you can't see the bumper for refeerence. You should consider installing the camera in a higher position near the trunk release, which is similar to the factory setup. Only problem is it requires drilling. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Wish it was cheaper.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: To all those who want to add Navigation and Backup Camera