G37 Sedan

G37 Sedan Mods

Old 08-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Mike P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Sedan Mods

Why is it when I look to get Mods for my Sedan, they are so limited? This car was released almost a year ago and there is not many exhausts, intakes, sways, etc for this thing. One of the reasons I bought this car was to mod it. It's getting frustrating in trying to find things. I recently visited the Hotchkis web site for sways and guess what, nothing for the Sedan, '09 370Z yes but not the G37 Sedan. I know I also have the Coupe, but the Sedan is my daily rider and I want to mod it. Anyone got any advise or know any dates on when things will be released?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 PM
DJ Hellfire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Custom!
Old 08-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Kwang

Damn, sedan AND coupe? Very nice!
Old 08-18-2009, 01:15 AM
WhiteGhost

Originally Posted by Kwang
Damn, sedan AND coupe? Very nice!
Sell the Sedan and TT your Coupe with the money you get, along with other mods! You'll be happier I guarantee.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:16 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
go custom... i had to do a lot of R&d when I had my '06 sedan to see what parts did fit or not.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:52 AM
Mike P

Originally Posted by WhiteGhost
Sell the Sedan and TT your Coupe with the money you get, along with other mods! You'll be happier I guarantee.
Wife's car is the Coupe. I will mod both, but want to wait for the Coupe and TT it definitely.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:54 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sways for V36 should fit find on yours.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:14 PM
stardust
Premier Member

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Sways for V36 should fit find on yours.
+1

All the same parts will fit on both cars in your garage
Old 08-18-2009, 02:10 PM
DJ Hellfire

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by stardust
+1

All the same parts will fit on both cars in your garage
Even exhaust setups with dual mufflers (non nismo style)?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:35 PM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
No.... But, there are at least 3-4 exhausts specificially for the Sedan. Invidia, Stillen, and Fast Intentions. All are pretty decent depending on what you are after.

I personally think for a car that has been out for 6 months there are quite a few parts. Below is a list of confirmed parts that are out. Is there something else you are really after?

Intakes: Stillen G2/G3, R2C, Injen, Takeda, plus a few others. K&N and HKS make drop-in filters
Exhaust: Stillen, Invidia, Fast Intentions
Cats: Stillen, Berk, AAM, Fast Intentions
Test pipes: Berk, GTM,
Headers: Stillen
Coilovers: Tein, JIC, HKS, and a few others
Springs: Eibach, H&R, Tanabe
Sway bars: Hotchkis and Stillen
Front Comber arms: SPC
Rear camber arm/toe kit: SPC, Eibach, and Ichiba
Tune: Cobb AccessPort, Techosqaure, and soon UpRev
Twin Turbo: GTM, AAM, or HKS
Big Brake Kits: Rotora, Stoptech, Brembo, and the factory Akebono for non-sport models
Rotors: Stoptech and Rotora
Lines: Stoptech
Pads: Project Mu (2x), Ferado, and Hawk (3x)
Front lips: Kenstyle and Kenstyle knock-off by RavSpec, factory sport lip, and factory non-sport lip (this will work on the sport model also).
Rear: RavSpec rear spats, and rear diffuser (coming soon)
Engine Covers: Status Elite, and Ebay
Grills: Factory Midnight Grill, custom factory grill (modified), or Iconic
Spoilers: Factory, TK knock-off by Mach III, Grubbs "Euro" spoiler, Stillen
Roof Spoiler: Stillen, RavSpec

Most suspension parts will only fit the RWD, with the exception of springs and rear camber arms. If you want to highly modify the suspension the AWD is the wrong platform.

That is all I can think of, but that is off the top of my head, and I am sure I am missing something. I little searching goes a long way, but if you can't find what you are looking for replay back and I will let you know what is available.

Last edited by jran76; 08-18-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:05 PM
stardust
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
ok, other then the exhaust
Old 08-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Mike P

Originally Posted by jran76
No.... But, there are at least 3-4 exhausts specificially for the Sedan. Invidia, Stillen, and Fast Intentions. All are pretty decent depending on what you are after.

I personally think for a car that has been out for 6 months there are quite a few parts. Below is a list of confirmed parts that are out. Is there something else you are really after?

Intakes: Stillen G2/G3, R2C, Injen, Takeda, plus a few others. K&N and HKS make drop-in filters
Exhaust: Stillen, Invidia, Fast Intentions
Cats: Stillen, Berk, AAM, Fast Intentions
Test pipes: Berk, GTM,
Headers: Stillen
Coilovers: Tein, JIC, HKS, and a few others
Springs: Eibach, H&R, Tanabe
Sway bars: Hotchkis and Stillen
Front Comber arms: SPC
Rear camber arm/toe kit: SPC, Eibach, and Ichiba
Tune: Cobb AccessPort, Techosqaure, and soon UpRev
Twin Turbo: GTM, AAM, or HKS
Big Brake Kits: Rotora, Stoptech, Brembo, and the factory Akebono for non-sport models
Rotors: Stoptech and Rotora
Lines: Stoptech
Pads: Project Mu (2x), Ferado, and Hawk (3x)
Front lips: Kenstyle and Kenstyle knock-off by RavSpec, factory sport lip, and factory non-sport lip (this will work on the sport model also).
Rear: RavSpec rear spats, and rear diffuser (coming soon)
Engine Covers: Status Elite, and Ebay
Grills: Factory Midnight Grill, custom factory grill (modified), or Iconic
Spoilers: Factory, TK knock-off by Mach III, Grubbs "Euro" spoiler, Stillen
Roof Spoiler: Stillen, RavSpec

Most suspension parts will only fit the RWD, with the exception of springs and rear camber arms. If you want to highly modify the suspension the AWD is the wrong platform.

That is all I can think of, but that is off the top of my head, and I am sure I am missing something. I little searching goes a long way, but if you can't find what you are looking for replay back and I will let you know what is available.
Thanks for the information.

It must be me then. I have tried to get info on the '09 G37x since I know there are differences in the x vs RWD, the web-sites of most of the vendors listed do not show that the parts will work with the '09 G37x. Would love sways, but not sure what's available for the x.

The main things I am looking for are sways, brakes, intakes, and exhausts. I have already done a few minor mods. I have replaced the washi paper with the wood. I have also had the brake callipers painted black. They look cool. First thing is most-likely the exhaust. I like the Invidia. For intake I like Injen. Would like CIA but not sure of the value of that over say the Stillen or other Injen products.

I would really like to TT the Sedan. Has anybody TT'd a Sedan?
Old 08-18-2009, 06:53 PM
jran76

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike P
Thanks for the information.

It must be me then. I have tried to get info on the '09 G37x since I know there are differences in the x vs RWD, the web-sites of most of the vendors listed do not show that the parts will work with the '09 G37x. Would love sways, but not sure what's available for the x.

The main things I am looking for are sways, brakes, intakes, and exhausts. I have already done a few minor mods. I have replaced the washi paper with the wood. I have also had the brake callipers painted black. They look cool. First thing is most-likely the exhaust. I like the Invidia. For intake I like Injen. Would like CIA but not sure of the value of that over say the Stillen or other Injen products.

I would really like to TT the Sedan. Has anybody TT'd a Sedan?
For the most part RWD parts will work on the AWD model. As mentioned above, the real exceptions are sway bars and coilovers, and possibly front A-arms. I think the front sway bar will work on the AWD, and some people have been in contact with Hotchkis about making a rear. The real issue is that most of these companies are based out of So. Cal., and there are no AWD/X models to test fit parts on.

Intakes, exhaust, and brakes should not be an issue. There is at least one 07 sedan that is TT'ed. It is "TerryCS" on here and G35driver. I would check out www.G35driver.com for more on what is available for the X. Check out the 07+ sedan section.... This site stinks for technical information, and you are going to get more bad information, and crazy opinions than anything else.

I personally like the all 3 exhaust that are available, and the R2C intake the best. If you don't have the Akebono brakes, you can't beat them for the price (about $2000 for full F/R set). HFC's, exhaust, and a tune will give you the most power gains. Intakes are debatable, but the Stillen G3 (fitment is suspect, install is a PITA), R2C (Great filtration, good design, but not a CAI), and Injen CAI (they have a CAI and SRI) all have produced some OK gains. I am just not sold that you really gain that much with an intake. They all sound good though. That's my $.02....
Old 08-19-2009, 12:36 AM
ozzypriest
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
What's the least obnoxious exhaust that still give good gains? And is there an ideal HFC - catback combo example that is NOT raspy or drone-y that still gives good gains?I want a good catback, and HFCs, but I can't take the rasp, or an overwhelming amount of noise, or drone on the freeway....looking for th mahic combo, I guess...
Old 08-21-2009, 04:22 AM
GxS

actually i think it is the front sways that will not work with an X

i had heard that the AWD tranny cant handle HP in excess of 350-400 awhp (but please correct me if i am not mistaken). also, nobody has TT'ed a V36 X before...you will be sailing into uncharted waters with this one

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: G37 Sedan Mods