Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

Free Alignment from Infiniti

Old 01-08-2008, 08:28 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Free Alignment from Infiniti

For those of you that are not familiar with your Infiniti warranty, you should know that within the first 12,000 miles or 1 year of owning your NEW Infiniti you are able to get a FREE, ONE TIME front/rear aligment from your Infiniti dealer!

Many of you should know that the stock tires have a very low treadwear and will most likely not last as long as some of you might think. A good time to take advantage of your alignment would be around your second oil change. This will be just about the time (if you drive at high speeds) that the inside of your tires will start to wear slightly more than the outside. So please, don't spend the $60+ to get your car aligned when you can get it done for FREE!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wonder if you can wait til you drop it... I bet they would say ...WTF ... we aint doin it.....
opinions?

EDIT: Where can you look to see this info about free stuff?

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 01-08-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:54 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Wonder if you can wait til your drop it... I bet they would say ...WTF ... we aint doin it.....
opinions?

EDIT: Where can you look to see this info about free stuff?

LOL I don't know what you said but I know this from personal experience. Like said it must be done within 12k 1yr.

Edit: Nvm its been a long day heh, I would not expect them to do anything after you drop it so don't bother wasting your time. If u do a minimal drop you might be able to get away with it especially if you change the wheels that may be a reason you can give them as to why it 'looks' lower.

Last edited by DiamondGCoupe; 01-08-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:56 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where did you get this information from? if that is true, i would wait and get my car dropped then go in and get this done. thanks for the information.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
where does it say on the warranty? i have never heard of a free alignment...
Old 01-08-2008, 10:04 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

I'm not sure where it says this but as I have had two Infiniti's I know that I have received a free alignment on each car. All I did was simply say (within the time/miles period) my car was pulling X or Y and they will align it for you for free. Feel free to ask your service advisor BEFORE you just say 'align my car for me' there is no reason for them to say "hey, we do it for free put your money away!"

That was funny just to say!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:45 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I called my rep at Infiniti and she said they would still align my car even with it being dropped since I am owed one within one year or 12k. she said there is no way they can get it back to oem specs because the camber cant be adjusted(already knew that) but still think its cool they will do it. I am having it done after i put my wheels on ....
Old 01-10-2008, 12:37 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Sweeeeeeeet!
Old 01-23-2008, 01:59 PM
dmx434343

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry to be a newb but if i put 20's on my car should i align it right after (not doing a drop)

What else is "Free" (haha the car is 40K!!!) that we/I might not know of?

Thanks for the good info DiamondGCoupe!
Old 01-23-2008, 02:04 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Originally Posted by dmx434343
sorry to be a newb but if i put 20's on my car should i align it right after (not doing a drop)

Thanks for the good info DiamondGCoupe!
Someone else is going to have to give you a better answer but I think with putting 20s on it the car should still be within specs.. Deffinately wouldn't hurt to get an alignment. Did you get a free keychain??
Old 01-23-2008, 03:55 PM
G37RacerX

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
This will be just about the time (if you drive at high speeds) that the inside of your tires will start to wear slightly more than the outside.
Interesting, I've never heard of that before. So, are you saying that on a stock G37, the insides of your tires will wear faster ONLY if driven at high speeds?
If so, can you explain why?
T.I.A.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:11 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Originally Posted by G37RacerX
Interesting, I've never heard of that before. So, are you saying that on a stock G37, the insides of your tires will wear faster ONLY if driven at high speeds?
If so, can you explain why?
T.I.A.
Tire feathering can start to happen really at any speed. I can't really do a great job of explaining this so try a search over on Google so you can read up and better understand. I can tell you one thing, when you do search, there are going to be a lot of 350Z, G35 websites that pop up which I thought was quite interesting.

Basically what I'm saying (look at the picture below) when you drive and high speeds this causes the tires to flare out which in turn causes uneven wear and will eventually cause your tires to begin to feather on the insides. You can do a good job of preventing this even if you drive around 90 on the highway if you get your car aligned often. Since our stock tires are very soft (180 treadwear) they will be more prone to feathering down the road.. I recommend (if you drive decent) having your car aligned around 6-8,000 miles and make sure you rotate your tires at a regular interval like an oil change. Hope that helps a little kind of difficult for me to explain so have a look on some tires sites.
Attached Thumbnails Free Alignment from Infiniti-alignmeas_graph4.gif  
Old 01-23-2008, 04:17 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Tire feathering can start to happen really at any speed. I can't really do a great job of explaining this so try a search over on Google so you can read up and better understand. I can tell you one thing, when you do search, there are going to be a lot of 350Z, G35 websites that pop up which I thought was quite interesting.

Basically what I'm saying (look at the picture below) when you drive and high speeds this causes the tires to flare out which in turn causes uneven wear and will eventually cause your tires to begin to feather on the insides. You can do a good job of preventing this even if you drive around 90 on the highway if you get your car aligned often. Since our stock tires are very soft (180 treadwear) they will be more prone to feathering down the road.. I recommend (if you drive decent) having your car aligned around 6-8,000 miles and make sure you rotate your tires at a regular interval like an oil change. Hope that helps a little kind of difficult for me to explain so have a look on some tires sites.
feathering does not occur just because you have neg camber and driver fast. The reason it was happening so much on the g35 AND 350 was the compound that was being used on those cars from bridgestone. the tires on the g37 are not the same which is why there are no issues of feathering. On my S2000 I ran so many different tires from bridgestone's, michelin's, pirelli's, yoko advans. None had any issues with feathering. and i ran extreme neg camber and extremely high speeds. The only time i delt with light feathering was on track days. After a handful of hard laps some tires had light feathering but not much at all. and all that was gone once i hit the street again and returned to normal driving. but again the feathering was very rare and contained only to hard track days.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:53 PM
palinka
Registered Member

Originally Posted by dmx434343
I just took my G in to the dealer for it's first oil change. When I went to pay they told me it was on the house. Looking at my receipt it says first three oil changes are free!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:45 AM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dang, im at 15K miles... hope they can still give it to me! ha, i prolly gonna need new tires by 20K anyway. =p

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Free Alignment from Infiniti