Buying & Leasing Interested in getting a G37? Ask your Questions in here.

G37 Base vs. G37 Journey, worth it?

Old 03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
chigga8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 Base vs. G37 Journey, worth it?

So it turns out that the dealer i was going to buy from is having trouble locating a PG Base G37 around this area. He offered a PG Journey G37 w/ kick plates for basically $900 more. Do you guys think its worth it? The total purchase would push my expected spending over by $1100.

Just wondered what you G37 enthusiasts thought of this. Thanks again!!
Old 03-11-2008, 05:06 PM
dji

So the only other difference with the Journey (vs. base) is a 6-disc changer & auto climate control?

Assuming a base in another color is available, what's more important to you - the exterior color or those 2 options? Mind you that it's costing you some more money... and the illuminated kick plates don't scream "bargain" to me, but if you really like the PG, I'd say go for it!

Nothing worse than looking into your garage and seeing the wrong color car staring at you every morning. After a couple of payments you won't even remember the extra amount you paid.

Sounds cliche, but get what makes you happiest.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:19 AM
HP_John

It it's just the Journey w/o options, no IMO. You get the Journey to get options ie PP.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:39 AM
dji

From what I can gather, the Journey has the 2 extra features on top of the fact that you're "allowed" to get the other options:

http://www.infiniti.com/g_coupe/models.html

1) in dash changer
2) auto climate control
Old 03-12-2008, 12:43 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
More is better, can't go wrong. You should at least get the Premium package.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:43 AM
NemesisG37

i believe base does not have a sunroof.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:19 PM
SoCalOBG37

your right...base has NOTHING

I have a base...i DO NOT think its worth the 900 to get the journey

the sunroof is an option

If i had more money and had to do it all over again I would get a journey with sport package...(u cant get base with sport package)

only reason being for 2k...ur getting paddle shifters, bigger wheels, brakes and the fron fascia...i think its worth it for the wheels and brakes alone. IMO

but getting back to your question...NO dont get the journey...get the base and tell your dealer to look harder
Old 03-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Dave ISM

Originally Posted by SoCalOBG37
but getting back to your question...NO dont get the journey...get the base and tell your dealer to look harder
I'm sorry, but this made me LOL.

If I'm gonna grind on a base model high-line vehicle vs. let's a say a fully loaded Toyota or Honda that will hold a better resale value after 3 years, my money goes there. If you just can't afford it, just don't buy it IMHO.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:27 PM
SoCalOBG37

to each its own dave
Old 03-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Dave ISM

Totally agreed, however it's just an opinion. I don't think I'm totally alone in this, however get what you want and what you can afford. If you love your base coupe, then God bless and no one can tell you different. Me, I just couldn't bring myself to buy a base model anything... but that's me (more or less like you said).
Old 03-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OP,
did you you search inventory online yourself? maybe there is another dealership that has the car you want. maybe it will an hour or two away, but you get the car you want.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:46 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by SoCalOBG37
your right...base has NOTHING

I have a base...i DO NOT think its worth the 900 to get the journey

the sunroof is an option

If i had more money and had to do it all over again I would get a journey with sport package...(u cant get base with sport package)

only reason being for 2k...ur getting paddle shifters, bigger wheels, brakes and the fron fascia...i think its worth it for the wheels and brakes alone. IMO

Really.. you would rather have a base G with Sport than Premium or Nav? Every package is 'worth it'.

Originally Posted by Dave ISM
I'm sorry, but this made me LOL.

If I'm gonna grind on a base model high-line vehicle vs. let's a say a fully loaded Toyota or Honda that will hold a better resale value after 3 years, my money goes there. If you just can't afford it, just don't buy it IMHO.
Id much rather have a FULLY loaded Accord or Civic w/ Nav etc.. than a base G37. I can't even imagine having my G without everything I have it in now and I want more! EVen when I've been in a few G35 they just suck compared to the 37
Old 03-17-2008, 09:04 PM
maxipad96

Why not get the Sport Base? The best value for a modder IMO. I didn't want anything to do with the Blowes stereo (Installing my own superior stereo for far less). Get the the 19" wheels and big brakes, perf'd seats, 6-Speed and better bumper. Added the sunroof as an option.

No frills, but gets the same looks and I get to customize it to my preference.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^that argument might work on a base 350Z, but come on man, this is a luxury grand tourer. btw, have you figured out how to install an aftermarket HU? that whole climate control integration into the main screen is throwing me off.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Dave ISM

Originally Posted by maxipad96
Why not get the Sport Base? The best value for a modder IMO. I didn't want anything to do with the Blowes stereo (Installing my own superior stereo for far less). Get the the 19" wheels and big brakes, perf'd seats, 6-Speed and better bumper. Added the sunroof as an option.

No frills, but gets the same looks and I get to customize it to my preference.
For just a Sport package, you'd have to go with a Journey model. They typically come with the Premium package, however it can be done. I know, I prefereced a Journey Black on Black Sport only back in October 2007 for January 2008 delivery since none even existed at the time. Today, there are a very small handful available so be prepared to pay for additional freight charges to get one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: G37 Base vs. G37 Journey, worth it?